French Market in Chicago

French MarketVisiting markets is one of my favorite activities whether I’m traveling or at home.  Chicago has a wonderful little French market for the public.  The “French” title may be a little misleading.  Yes there are cheeses, wines, macarons, and more, but there is also lobster, falafel, and bahn mis.

If you are in the area, and you’re looking for something a little different, check out the market.  If you spend $20 or more, parking is free!  Check out the vendor websites ahead of time to see what tugs at your curiosity.

Produce

Meats

Cheese

Prepared Meals

Bread & Pasta

Snacks

Baked Goods and Sweets

Ice Cream/Gelato

Specialty Coffee/Smoothies/Health Drinks

Special Essentials

Beer, Wine, and Spirits

On a side note, word on the street is that the current ESPN Center in Chi Town will be turned into a giant indoor market.  This is all rumor, so don’t take my word for it, but if it is true, then my dreams are coming becoming a reality!

8 Comments Add yours

1. Sharon says:

Oh, man, those macaroons are calling my name! “Sharon…ne voulez-vous pas démenager à Chicago…simplement pour goûter des macarons ?”

2. Sherrie says:

Looks like a great place – just a bit too far away for me….. Hate to be a stickler, but it is “macaron”, not “macaroon”.

1. Oh dear, that is not good. Thanks :).

3. Sunnyplace says:

Did any of it taste like/compare to Paris?

4. Alex says:

You have so many travel experiences you just soak up all your experiences, your blog is a sheer joy to read.

1. Thank you so much, Alex! I only wish I could travel more often and share more adventures. Thank you for reading!

5. Linda says:

I must remember this place the next time I head to Chicago.

6. genevieve says:

I really want to go to Chicago! North America will definitely be my next overseas trip, I’ll be sure to come back to all these posts and take note! Cool post 🙂