Looking Into the Travel Crystal Ball

FieldsSo what is next for the liberated traveler?  It feels a little less exciting to be off the road, but this blog has some big plans in the works.  Until my next grand adventure, I plan on sharing everything I’ve learned on my summer trip.  I will also sprinkle my posts with side trips and photography tips.  Stay tuned for other exciting news to come soon.

The next journey will be to a new territory (for me at least).  Earlier this year I won a tour with Rick Steves for my online scrapbook.  I have decided to gaze at new sights in Eastern Europe.  The tour begins in the Czech Republic and winds through Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, and Slovenia.  I can’t wait to see the Art Nouveau in Prague and take in the reflections at Lake Bled.

If I save my pennies carefully, I will be able to tag on a Spain My Way tour also.  The My Way tours are more independent and more budget friendly.  Barcelona is pretty close to the top of my travel list, so I’m going to do what I can to get there.

Searching into the depths of the travel crystal ball, I see a new continent.  It has been hard for me to stop planning trips to Europe because there is still so much I want to see, but I think the summer of 2015 will bring South America.  Hopefully I’ll be fluent in Spanish by that time.  I’ve always got to have my next destination in sight.

What travel plans do you have?  Have you visited any of the places I will be going to?  What advice do you have?

8 thoughts on “Looking Into the Travel Crystal Ball

1. Linda says:

Maybe you will convince me to try South America. I would also like to see Barcelona along with the Dordogne and the Languedoc in southern France. In the meantime, Montreal and Quebec City are more local and exotic for me.

2. Sunnyplace says:

Okay, so you don’t think I’m stalking you, I’m going to tell you now that Spain and Southern France is my next destination. Or maybe Scotland and England. I haven’t decided yet. 🙂 Wherever you go, I am looking forward to your posts and pictures….

3. Nathan Mizrachi says:

Eastern Europe sounds fantastic! So does Spain, though…it must be hard to finally pull away and start looking for new places to travel. I have never been to South America, but I have heard a lot of great things about Santiago, Chile.

4. Kim says:

Germany, Switzerland and Austria for us. Maybe some of Northern Italy too. I am having major travel withdrawl this summer since we did not go adventuring. Cant wait to buy those plane tickets for next July….It makes it feel more real then!

5. Trish Strong says:

Just finished traveling with Rick Steves to Spain this spring. Barcelona to Sevilla in two weeks in Mayl.great time to visit there for me as the weather was not too hot. You will love ;the Gaudi architecture and there is so much more. The Alcazar and the Alhambra….. you will have gorgeous pictures I am sure. Trish Strong (ex-roomie!)

6. wanderoneday says:

Short term travel plans are relatively local – Puerto Rico in September with my brother, and Florida around New Years with my husband to visit his grandparents and a friend (but awesomely, all four round trip flights came to a whopping total of $20). Now that I have plenty of airline points and miles, my vacation time from work is what limits my travel, rather than my expenses. I only get 23 days off per year (not counting holidays), so I have to plan carefully!

Longer term, I’m hoping 2014-2015 will hold Hawaii or Alaska (those are the only two states my family hasn’t visited yet, there’s been passing discussion of when we’ll finally complete those), and I’m not sure of other destinations yet. I’m hoping Macchu Picchu will make it into my plans, but I might plan for Ireland/England instead.

So many places, so little time!